The Kate Pearl Tea Room is an English-style tearoom designed to provide our customers with periods of respite while dining on freshly prepared foods of the highest quality accompanied by a wide variety of fine teas.
Our mission is to connect generations. We see so many guests introducing the younger generations to the fine art of afternoon tea, and it brings us so much JOY! We named our tea room in honor of our Great Great Grandmother, Kate Pearl Loose, who was known for always being quite the “put together” lady. She wouldn’t even go to her mailbox without her hat & gloves, stockings, purse, and of course – her pearls!
Our tea room is a place to unwind. To slow down. To relax. To celebrate. To commemorate. To connect. To be pampered. We like to think of it as a spa for the soul.
Commitment to the Community
The Kate Pearl Tea Room cares about the community. We get hundreds of requests for donations each year, and try to generously share our resources with the community. We support the following charities and organizations:
- The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Carroll County General Hospital
- Maryland State Police
- The Humane Society of Carroll County
- Target Community & Educational Services
- Rape Crisis Intervention
- World Vision’s Clean Water Project
Commitment to the Environment
The Kate Pearl Tea Room is committed to doing our part for bettering the environment by using green practices such as:
- Offering our guests a wide variety of organic and fair trade teas.
- Serving organically grown vegetables, herbs, and edible flowers from our own gardens.
- Recycling all eligible items.